Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Still in love after a year

About a year ago (actually, almost exactly a year ago), my mom (it's always our moms who know what's best for us!) introduced me to someone who has become very important to me. No, it's not a person. What am I talking about? Clinique's 3-Step ingeniously miraculous facial system (I made up the title because all they call it is 3-Step...but that's boring and isn't descriptive enough in my humble opinion).

From day one, I kid you not, my face felt different. It has both immediate and lasting effects. On days that I get lazy and don't use it, there's a noticeable difference. This past yeary skin has been clearer and has felt softer than ever. After a year, I still get excited to use it. Why? Because it works. I have never had terrible skin but the difference is still night and day.

They have different choices for different skin types but here is what I use:




Step 1:
Facial Soap (bar or liquid; and different soaps for different skin types)
Step 2:
Clarifying Lotion (1 or 2, pictured is #2; again caters to different skin types)
Step 3:
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (different ones for different skin types; also comes in gel form).


As I said before, I have never had terrible skin (though I did and still sometimes do breakout, it's not like my skin is perfect), so I've never been picky about what I washed it with. Until this came into my life. Now I'm kind of a Clinique 3-Step ingeniously miraculous facial system snob. I tell everyone who will listen about it. Anytime people ask about what face cleansers people use (which is semi-frequently, as I live in a dorm), I pipe up. A few weeks ago there may have been a slight incident in the shower where I accidentally dropped the remnants of my bar of soap...and yeah...since I live in a dorm, once it's on the floor, I'll use it no more (new mantra!). So for a little bit I was without just the first step (but still used the other two)...and just that made my face feel and look different. I'm back to using it though and it's just great! I'm telling you..you gotta try this stuff! It's worked well for me, and I know my mom and one or two (or three?) of my sisters have used it for years. The only downside is the price...it's a little bit expensive. But honestly, if you're going to splurge somewhere, your skin is the place to do it! Plus, it lasts for a long time! So it's not really that extravagant when you think about it. Just trust me...if you're looking for a new face cleanser to try out...go with this system! You'll (probably) love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment