Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lately (A Sneaky Post)

Sneakily posting on my old blog for my own fun. I blog over at andallisbright.wordpress.com these days, although it's been almost 2 months since my last update. Oops! Lately I've been trying to be less...available?? on social media, especially my blog. I mostly want to keep my personal life private - I don't have secrets, but I do not feel the need to broadcast my daily life/thoughts, either. However, I do like to look back at old blog posts to see what I was thinking about, doing, and learning. Hence the sneaky post on the blog that my friends/family don't really have access to anymore.

Just wanted to document a few thoughts/feelings as of late...

I just got back from a week and a half in Maine and miss it like crazy already, although it is good to be home! The whole "Fun Family" got together and spent a week at a few cabins on a lake and it was a blast. We slept in, stayed up late, played games (including Settlers of Catan, Apples to Apples, volleyball, badminton, croquet, bocce ball, baseball, and a team game of TV Themes, Movie Tunes, and Disney Tunes Trivia!), kayaked, canoed, sailed, sunbathed, swam, floated, had a water balloon fight, fished, sang to Holly's ukulele, laughed, "fired", and mostly ATE. It was so good to see everyone and spend time together. The last night we had a "Big Kid" night with the older cousins. It was great to hang out, play games, eat, and just chat with them. I love my cousins!

In just 2 weeks, the 2014-2015 school year is beginning! I have 2 weeks to complete my classroom, plan, and put myself together. I am beyond excited but also a bit anxious. I anticipate lots of fun, lots of mistakes, and even some successes. What I expect the most, though, is to learn and to grow. My class has 10 students in it - very small but it will allow for a lot of things that I would not be able to do with a larger class. It will also make certain things (I'm looking at you, report cards and grading) less time-consuming. Tomorrow, Kathy and Riley are going to come help me with my bulletin boards - yay!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey
    Saw your comment on Momfessionals....noticed you were a first grade teacher and it caught my eye! Just wanted to give you encouragement and tell you "YOU'LL LOVE IT!" I've taught 22 years (2 in 5th, 18 in 3rd, and 2 in 1st) and 1st is by far my fav! Wishing you the best of luck! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - I just saw this! Thank you so much for your kind comment. Just past halfway through the school year and you are right - I absolutely LOVE it!! Thanks again! :)

      Delete