Thursday, March 18, 2010

Walking on Sunshine

Mmm. I LOVE the sun! It's beautiful.
I really enjoy "spring forward". It's a bummer to lose the sleep, but other than that, it's amazing! I love coming out of dinner at night when it's still light out. I am also really liking this sunshine. I knew So Cal would be amazing! Yesterday my friends and I went for a drive in between a couple classes, and the digital thermometer at one of the banks we drove past said that it was 90 degrees. It's AMAZING. Though I would not prefer to have that every day just yet, once in a while, it's nice. The rest of the week has been/will be in the lower 70s. It's nice to be able to wear flip flops comfortably again (I never really stopped wearing them for winter) and skirts to class! I know, when I was at Victory I was like I'll never wear skirts to school once I graduate. And today I did. And I liked it. So don't speak too soon, because I really liked doing it! You just never know!

This week has been a typical "first week after a nice break" week. But God is good. It's been so sunshiney that even though everyone is aching to be out of classes, the general mood in classes is brighter. I honestly have enjoyed my classes this week more than normal. Though I do stare longingly out the windows in anticipation of the next time I will be in it! I am really excited for all the beach days ahead and the afternoons spent (possibly) down by the pool. I am grateful that this semester is less stressful than last, because I can take time to soak up some rays from time to time.

Since I'm having summer fever right now I thought I'd post a few pics from previous summers :)

In Maine, summer after freshman year
(l-r)Laurie, Molly, Shelby, and Jamie

Me and my bestest when she visited me in Maine
Sammi and Laurie

Summer nights bring out the craziness!
Laura, Lindsay, and Laurie

I must go and finish a paper now. I just could resist talking about the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment