Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

Hello bloggy friends. I don't have much new stuff going on, but I have some random thoughts I decided to share, luckily for you.

-I'm listening to Glee's version of "I Can't Fight This Feeling". And I am reminded of how cool it was to be able to hear this song, live, by REO Speedwagon (the original artist)(if it's a band, is it still referred to as "artist", or "artists" since it's multiple people...there are some questions your MLA book just don't answer) at the fair. Yes, ladies and gents, I was paid to stand and listen to this song with my friend Lila. Of course, there was still work to do. But it was still fun obviously.

-The word "literally" is used, reused, misused, and abused. Poor little guy. You know what I'm talking about-we all do it. These days, everyone and their brother uses the word "literally" erroneously. "I have to go so bad I'm literally about to explode." "You literally make me want to shoot myself in the foot." "I literally can't go a day without chocolate." "She literally never stops talking" ...hello? That's impossible. It's completely common for people to use the word "literally" for an impossible occurrence. I wonder what the world would be like if all the things that "literally" would happen, would actually happen. Like, if people literally exploded if they couldn't relieve their bladder soon enough, or if people literally shot things in the foot when they became annoyed.

-Disney has had a blonde princess, a brunette princess, a red-headed princess, an Arabian princess, a Native American princess, an Asian princess, and a black princess. Maybe more. It's very diverse, which is pretty cool. Also, would you like to know what Disney taught me? Every princess has an amazing singing voice.

-If I marry a man who likes peas, it's going to be awkward. Because I hate them. They literally (used correctly!) make me gag. Or at least they used to. I never eat them. When I was little, my parents were always the "eat all your vegetables before you leave the table" type. Except when it came to me and peas. They eventually stopped trying, because I could not force those pesky guys down my throat. Now, if I'm in a situation where I'm served peas and it would be rude to not eat them (which surprisingly is kind of often), I swallow them. So if my husband likes them, I guess we'll be eating different vegetables. Or, just maybe, I'll learn that eating peas is part of being a well-adjusted human being, and suck it up and eat them.

-Two weeks ago I went to Santa Cruz/Monterey with the Stoevers. Long story short, I got a pretty bad sunburn. Last week, my back peeled, and then later my shoulders started to peel. Well this week, my legs started peeling. And I'm not just talking about my thighs. My shins/ankles peeled too. Nasty, right? You're welcome for that information.

-Also, funny story about Santa Cruz. During our beach day, towards the end, some people started to get restless so about half of the group (Lindsay, both of her parents, her brother Tyler, and her cousins Natalie and Abby) went for a walk. Some of us stayed though (I for one was much too lazy to get up and go for a walk). Well, I was enjoying some light beach reading (Think by John Piper...ok, so it was pretty heavy, but good stuff) and minding my own business. The others who stayed (Zach and Jordan, their aunt Laura, and their grandparents) all minded their own business for a while. As no beach day is complete without sea gulls bothering you, we weren't surprised when some came and went throughout the day. But this time when they came, Zach and Jordan decided to start throwing them food (bad idea). Then, because they're boys and think they're funny (ok, it was pretty funny), they decided to throw food all around me-in front of me, to my left, to my right, near my towel, on my back, etc. So of course, more kept coming and surrounding me. I tried to ignore the birds while yelling at Zach and Jordan to stop it right now. Of course, that only egged them on, so they kept doing it. Once there were 30 birds (not even exaggerating) all around me, I finally started to shoo them. Eventually the boys had mercy on me and stopped. It was pretty funny though, especially because they thought I'd totally freak out and I was pretty non responsive to the annoying "rats with wings".

-Favorite Bath & Body scents: Summer Vanillas in Lemon (which I think is discontinued), Forever Sunshine, Country Chic, Midnight Pomegranate, and Brown Sugar and Fig. Also, my favorite growing up was Sun-Ripened Raspberry but now that's pretty hard to find, though sometimes it still comes out.

-Having to use quarters for laundry is quite depressing. It also recommences next week.

-I'm going to laser tag tonight!! YAY!! Favorite thing to do! Well one of them. I'm extra excited because some of my friends from high school are going but so is Lindsay, so they all get to meet each other. Which is fortunate, because when I'm with Linds, I talk about the guys, and when I'm with the guys, I talk about Linds. So now they'll all have names with faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment