Saturday, September 3, 2011

God is GOOD

First week of fall semester is OVER!! Woohoo! It's been pretty good. I napped more than I care to admit, I visited Bekah in her office every day (sometimes multiple times per day), I finished I Corinthians and started II Corinthians (both amazing), I've met new people, loved my classes, and topped the week off with (of course) a trip to Santa Monica.


Let me tell you something: God's grace is amazing. He is so good. When we totally don't deserve it, He gives blessings- over and over. Things that I wanted to happen, happened. Even though I wasn't faithfully asking for them like I should've been. Like the song says, "If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." It's so true. He is so good. And so kind to His people. Last night ended on a bit of a rough note, and I got back to school to find my roommate sleeping. I knew what I needed though, comfort from His word, so I brought my Bible out and sat in the hall. Just reading through Psalms I was reminded that He alone is where I find salvation and rest for my soul (chapter 62). His lovingkindness is better than life (63). He is the strength of my heart and my portion when my heart and flesh fail (73). His nearness is my good and He is my refuge (73). Even when Israel repeatedly fell into the same sins, despite His goodness to them, He: forgave their iniquity, did not destroy them, often restrained His anger, and did not arouse all His wrath (78). His lovingkindness holds me up when my foot slips, and He consoles me when anxious thoughts multiply (94). He gives us immense benefits, pardons our iniquities, heals our diseases, redeems our lives from the pit, crowns us with lovingkindness and compassion, satisfies our years with good things. He is also compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounds in lovingkindness. He doesn't deal with us according to our sins (so thankful for this). He removes our sins from us, as far as the east is from the west (103).

No comments:

Post a Comment