Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's The Simple Things {Home Sweet Home}

-Easy, mostly traffic-free ride home
-Vanilla + caramel frosty at Wendy's
-Making posters for...
-Jordan's football game
-Cheering for/embarrassing him with at least 25 others, all there to support him
-Layering borrowed shirts (that I now get to wash for free)
-Eating nachos, kettle corn, and candy
-Meeting new people
-Seeing friends again
-Seeing friends who feel like family again
-Seeing my family again
-Having little Maxie (our miniature schnauzer that I pretend to dislike) not able to settle down when he sees me
-Catching the end of the Bourne Supremacy with my dad
-Sleeping in my own bed
-Flannel pj bottoms
-Waking up and it feeling like fall
-Having Maxie following me around
-Chocolate chip waffles for breakfast
-Apple juice
-Coming into the kitchen to see Kathy making brownies with Oreos in honor of my brief visit
-Banter with family
-Having my journal again (I've missed it so much in the last 6 weeks)
-Drinking coffee (yes, it's still me...I just needed caffeine) with my dad...French press I do believe
-Almost enjoying my coffee
-Hearing my family's plans for the next week and learning...It's true what they say - Life gets much busier after college
-Being with and enjoying my family
-Seeing again that there is more to life than just my education. I know that, but sometimes I get so short-sighted. This is what I'm preparing for...life after college. Right now what God has for me is a time of intense educational and spiritual equipping so that I may later do what God has for me elsewhere.

The best part? I've only been home for roughly 16 hours and I have about 26 or so left.
Thank you Lord for all of these sweet blessings, along with so much more I haven't mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment