Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Midweek Favorites

This Week's Favorites

Color Combination:
I love this blue/purple combination. I know it's weird, but sometimes I obsess over color combinations. Currently, this is my color obsession. I just think they're pretty and summery.


Tasty Treat:
Stracciatella gelato from Gorgeous Gelato. Stracciatella has a vanilla gelato base with chocolate chunks swirled in. It's amazing. Also, if you ever get the chance, try their Oreo flavor - they perfectly capture the flavor of Oreos - including the cream on the inside.


Place:
Gooch's Beach, Kennebunk, ME. I took this picture on the jetty at the beach this past Saturday. My family (Abby for only part of it) went to Kennebunk to see my grandma, and my Aunt Judy, Uncle Mark, and cousins Ellen and Andrew (from New Hampshire) were there too. After a morning of visiting and a wonderful lunch, the group headed to the beach. Many of my favorite childhood memories took place at this beach. 


Fast Food Joint:
5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Wow. What an incredible place. I went there for the first time today. This one was located in Portland, so the area around it was gorgeous. When we walked in, we walked past stacks of bags of potatoes - none of their food is frozen, and the only thing they don't make fresh on location is their buns. The food is incredible and the wait is decent, though made more bearable through complimentary shelled peanuts. 


Gum:
5 Cobalt. Peppermint. I'd describe it as this: minty minty minty minty minty fresh.
And wonderful.


iPhone App:
Instagram. I love this thing. It's an easy way to edit pics, you just choose from different settings. I like it because it's a fast way to make pics look good. Also, you can follow people and have people follow you, and your feed will show your own pics and those of all the people you're following.

No comments:

Post a Comment