Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Midweek Favorites

Some of my favorite things this week:

Song:
This song is really powerful. My prayer is that I have a husband who will do this. I also pray that I am the kind of wife who says these things to her husband, if necessary.


Worship song:
It's not really a new song, but it's incredible.


Candy:
I'd love a huge chunk of this airy, sugary goodness.


Nail Polish:
Princesses Rule by O.P.I. 
I'm currently wearing it, and it's lighter than this picture. I love the glitter, but what I really love is the barely-there color - gives my nails a clean, pretty look without being harsh.


Hairstyle to experiment:
Michael Kors inspired - double knot. 
Divide hair in two sections and tie a double knot. Sounds simple, looks interesting, and it's a new, fast 'do. Bonus: looks beachy.


Lotion:
St. Ive's Soothing Oatmeal and Shea Butter.
We have a bottle of this sitting in a basket in our bathroom. This is seriously the most amazing lotion I've ever used, and a little goes a long way. I'm already looking forward to having it in my dorm room next year. Apparently my step-dad keeps a bottle in his art room at school, and Holly brought a bottle to school-and soon all her friends each had their own too. Trust me-it works. Also, at Target it's $3.49.
[If you want t.m.i.: I always put this on my armpits after I shave them, and now they're much smoother]


Movie:
This is a few years old, but if you haven't seen it-you need to! I'm not a huge fantasy fan, but this movie's incredible. I've read the book too, and guess what - I actually like the movie more! So try it, even if it's not something you'd automatically be drawn to.


Scent:
Unconditional Love - Philosophy. 
This perfume is one of my favorites, ever. My sister got me a small bottle of it for Christmas, and I seriously would use it every day if I wasn't scared of it running out. She got it at Sephora, but I'm sure it can be found at other stores too.


Hair Product:
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk.
I've used this for two years now, and I swear by it. My hair is naturally unruly and often frizzes, especially when I'm in Maine, where it's very humid. I like this in particular because I've tried the serum form of this and it worked well, but left my hair feeling greasy (I just didn't learn the right amount). But since this is a more milky substance, it doesn't make my hair greasy, but soft.


Website:
&
I know, I cheated by having two. But they're both amazing!

& finally,

Quote:
"Faith endures the disappointment, the hardships, and the heartaches of life by recognizing that all comes from the hand of Him who is too wise to err and too loving to be unkind. So long as we are occupied with any other object than God Himself, there will be neither rest for the heart, nor peace for the mind."
A.W. Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment