Monday, February 6, 2012

A Choice

I'm sick today. Miserable is more like it. I just have a typical head cold, but it's a nasty little guy. Bad enough that I left my California Past and Present class after our quiz, and I never miss class. When I'm sick, I'm very susceptible to something else - whining/discontentment/having a pity party. It's way easier to be selfish when I'm sick (not that it's ever hard to be selfish). But I was reminded today of something my junior high teacher commented on my blog a while back. She said, "Laurie, we can worship or whine...that is the only choice." Um...WOW. So today, while I'm sick, this is what I'm reminded of. I can use my sickness as a chance to have a little pity party. Or I can use it to glorify my Lord. Those are my two options. Though it'll be hard, today I'm choosing to worship. Pray for me, as this is not an easy endeavor!

Have a great week everyone! May it be full of blessings and victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment