Sunday, February 12, 2012

Little Update

Hello!! I have not written that much recently for a couple reasons. I have been pretty busy with the start of a new semester. For some reason, it takes me a couple weeks to get acclimated, and once I have my routine down, I have more free time for things like writing. Then this week would've been perfect to write, but I got sick. I had a cold, but it was seriously the worst I've felt in years. My head had built-up pressure for days before I got sick, and that continued throughout the rest of my sickness and has outlasted the other symptoms. I missed classes, my small group, and meeting with Meredith on account of being sick, which just doesn't happen. The skin on my face was extremely dry - putting anything but moisturizer on it - soap, cleanser, makeup, tissues (ps I used approx. 453297), burned. So as you might be able to tell, I slept a lot. I couldn't concentrate well on my homework, so I had to spend a lot of time making all of it up.

The week was an average week for me, despite being sick. Which means it was pretty amazing. All the chapels this week were incredible. Awana (which I meant to only go to for the first part and then leave because I still didn't feel well at all...but then forgot to leave...can you tell I love it?) was incredible. It was the last night for one of the boys on the Yellow Team (sad) but it ended well for him because we won first place! Which if you're a part of Sparks at PBC you know we never win, haha. It's also sad because he's one of our stars...not that winning matters at all ;).

Thursday I went to lunch with my sweet friend Becca at Urbane Cafe. I'd never been, but I'll definitely go back. It was perfect because the food was great but the company was better. She is seriously one of the sweetest, most fun, funny people I know. That night I had Old Testament Survey. I sat in the back with Brooke, and we were able to catch up and talk about our families and our semesters and things, and it was really nice. She is one of my oldest friends, and is the kind of friend where you can pick up where you left off.

Then Friday we had our discipleship group/Bible study thing, and that was awesome. Mrs. Tatlock spoke on the fact that we are the "fragrance of Christ" and what that means - it's so cool. Then after that, Lizzie stayed for dinner. And so did 3 of the Brooks' friends, because they were going to have a ultimate frisbee night with their homeschool group that night. So the dinnertime total that night was 14. Which is the record, at least since I've been here. Later Friday night I had a long, great conversation with Courtney. We both had things to accomplish, but it was one of those conversations that just happened, and it was really good. I am so bless to have a godly, wise, encouraging roommate. Her entire family is just incredible. I love living with them. It's so much fun, and it's new and different every day.

Yesterday I had brunch in the caf with Courtney, Nick, and Bekah. Earlier in the week, Courtney had asked Bekah (her youngest sister) if she wanted to eat brunch together in the caf (because Bekah loves eating in there). Bekah asked if anyone else was coming, and then asked if Nick and I could join, too. So we did. And it was a blast!

Today was a one-service Sunday at PBC. It was Pastor Scott/the Ardavanis family's farewell Sunday. He preached a powerful sermon, and then several people spoke about the influence their family has been on their lives. Afterward there was cake on the grass, and I got to spend some time with Meredith which was nice.

I have been studying I Peter for my Principles of Personal Bible Study class. It's such a great, great, great book to study. Not even exaggerating. It's incredible. I'm so thankful to be learning these invaluable study methods that I can use the rest of my life. Also, we have to memorize 6 verses from the book of our choice. It's tough to choose though, because there are so many good ones in there! But I'm starting to narrow it down, thankfully.

 This is Courtney, my roommate, and the most recent pic I have of the two of us.
Which is sad, because it's almost a year old!
She was dressed as a pirate for Disney dinner in the caf.
This is me with all the Brooks kids.
Last year around Easter, Court invited me to come dye eggs with her fam, so I did.
I have never seen so many eggs get dyed, and never seen them done so creatively.
L-R: TJ (who looks overjoyed), Katherine, Courtney, me, Sarah, Billy, with Bekah and Jimmy in the front.


*Please excuse my overuse of the word "incredible". Apparently it's my favorite word?

No comments:

Post a Comment