Sunday, April 29, 2012

Scary!

Sometimes it just hits me that I'm really, truly, Lord-willing going to be a teacher in the next few years. If that is the direction the Lord takes me, and right now it looks like that is the case, then it's a huge responsibility! It just hit me again tonight that people's EDUCATION will be in my hands. That is no small task. I pray that I can learn things the best that I can in order to help my future students as well as I can! Though my major is full of gen-ed-like classes (it's Liberal Studies - Teacher Education), everything I'm learning is important because one day I might be teaching it. My education is no longer just about me working hard for the Lord, it's also about working to the best of my abilities so that I don't forget what I've learned because one day it may affect my students. It is a daunting task when I look at it from so far away, but it's just another thing that you can only focus on "today" every day and trust the Lord to take care of the rest. So it's kind of a "yikes but I know God's got this" kind of feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment