Sunday, May 8, 2011

Finals Week

Yikes! It's already that time again. The time of year where college students drink obscene amounts of coffee and spend disgusting amounts of time in the library. Yep, it's final's week here at TMC. Crazy that the semester has flown by so quickly. But it has also seemed to drag. That's the way life is. Sometimes it crawls, sometimes it flies, but in the end, it just feels like it was only yesterday that [insert something big that happened forever ago] happened. That's how this semester feels.

I have already taken 2 finals prior to this week. Now I just have 3 left. This comes with both good news and bad news. The good news is that they're all on Tuesday. The bad news is that they're all on Tuesday. Yes, you read that correctly, it's both good and bad. I will be done with my sophomore year of college (wow...I still can't believe my undergrad career is basically half over) very soon. But having finals all on one day, early in the week, is proving to be a challenge. I have to work really hard and stay diligent the next few days and all will be well. Thankfully, today in college group Jake mentioned sleep and how it is a way to worship God. Sleep proves our weakness - without it, we can't function. It shows we are dependent on our good and loving Creator. [This is not to say that it's a time to slack off and be lazy..just no all-nighters.] I am reminded of the typical but tried and true verse, 2 Corinthians 12:9. It says, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Praise God for our apparent weakness, which showcases His abundant strength!

Also, the IBEXers are back...my friend Alyssa has returned! It was so good to see her again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment