Monday, January 9, 2012

Some Facts

Fact:


...the way I dress on lazy, stay-at-home-winter-break days is the way I wish I could dress daily (and I bet most people agree).


...my outfit doesn't really match today (but it's okay because my purple puffy vest with the fleece pockets is worth the sacrifice).


...if you were to eat with me in the caf last semester you'd think I always eat healthy, but if you were to see me in my dorm room, you'd think all I eat is junk food.


...I exercise for two reasons: to take care of myself, and so that I can eat more yummy foods.


...I can't WAIT to see my Awana kids or meet with Meredith again.


...seeing friends sounds nice too.


...but, for once, I truly don't want break to end yet.


...my family is made up of the best, most fun, funniest, greatest people I'd ever met (biased or not).


...coming to Maine was the first time I got absolutely no sleep on my red-eye...that's right, me, who is able to sleep anytime, anywhere (which has always made Abs envious).


...staying up into the wee hours of the night talking and laughing with my three sisters after a night of absolutely no sleep was a great use of my time.


...youngest siblings are born for the entertainment of older siblings, and so the older ones can make fun of them.


...when discussing our biting habits as children, Abby piped up with the now-famous "I used to chew on rocks", which was obviously followed by stunned silence.


...my sisters are great at Secret Santas...minus the "secret" part.


...in our family, the parents don't pressure us (my three sisters and I) for grandkids, but the sisters pressure each other for nieces and nephews. And we are in total disagreement of who's going to get married and have kids first.


...sometimes candy just tastes better before lunch.


...you know I'm in a time zone three hours ahead of what I'm used to when I wake up at 9:30am.


...I can't buy music without getting some Lady Antebellum.


...I really want to go to the Lady A concert in LA March 27th.


...I usually like acoustic versions of songs better.


...milk chocolate > dark chocolate. No matter what my friends say. No matter if they call me a boy for it.


...too much dreaming can get you into trouble (emotionally).


...the more layers on my bed the better; even if it's not cold, the added pressure helps me sleep.


...my sister just got a cat (temporarily I think?) and I'm wicked jealous.


...go here, have a listen. Enter the Haggis has great music and they are great live, for anyone interested (CA friends: though they are great live, they don't spend much time out west, unfortunately).


...salty and sweet remains one of my favorite treat combos.


...I'd marry Ben or Jerry if given the opportunity. (such.good.ice cream.)


...to many people use apostrophes wrong. Unless it is used for a contraction or to show possession, don't use it. No more of this "Flower's are pretty" stuff please...sadly, I have seen that cropping up more and more.


...you can't top Italian, Thai, or Mexican food. You just can't.


...Pinterest is spelled like this: P-i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t. It's not P-I-N-T-R-E-S-T. But honestly, who really cares? It's just the grammar nerd in me coming out.


...also, Pinterest is a wonderful website full of many pretties.


...as much as I've loved college, I can't wait to finally have my own classroom to teach in.


...my youngest sister talks to her computer. And her food. And...well, just anything.


...I sing in the shower, and sound great. haha.


...I need to download more free music on iTunes. Or at least check every week to see if there's something good. Because sometimes there is!


...Maine is beautiful and I don't want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment