Monday, January 16, 2012

War Horse

Last night I went with my favorite newlyweds to see War Horse. I would just love to tell you all about the movie...but you need to see it for yourself! It was an incredible story, full of both intensity and humor. It was pretty long, and Sam thought that it was slow at the beginning, but we all really enjoyed it overall. GO SEE IT. There are parts that still get to me! I have come to realize in the past month that I don't have what it takes to see war movies - Laurel and I tried to watch Saving Private Ryan and couldn't bear more than five minutes - but this one had more than just battle scenes. I mean, the movie's about a horse. All I wanted to do was give him a hug...he's such a beautiful animal. Anyway...go see it.

Oh, I almost forgot to say this. One of the characters in the movie looked really familiar, and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized he looked just like the son of a family friend, who's currently my favorite Navy recruit (also, the only one I know). So when that character was shown in battle about halfway into the movie, I could barely handle it!! Thankfully this character survived. :) Just a fun fact I thought I'd share with you...also telling you a little reason it was maybe extra intense for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment