Saturday, June 16, 2012

books, reading, & that feeling.

This summer, I can't get enough of either. I've been on my summer vacation for 37 days now, and what have I been up to? Lots of family time in Orange County, Sacramento, and Cumberland. Hanging out with friends (mostly church get togethers) and youth group. Cleaning (our house and also a big building my sister cleans). Watching Psych on Netflix and other things like movies I never planned to watch. In between? I've been reading. I've already read several books, finishing my 8th, Coraline, yesterday. That quick book was the last one I had in a line of books I'd been wanting to read or books that I at least found reading the previous one and knew it would be next. But after finishing Coraline (a children's fantasy book by Neil Gaiman), I got that feeling you get after finishing a good book. That book kept me interested and it went by too fast. When it was over, I felt it. It's hard to describe it. It's not horrible but it's a tad depressing. It's definitely a feeling of loss mixed with anxiety. Not real anxiety, but you just wonder what the next book you'll read will be and if it will be as interesting as the one before it. You don't always get that feeling after a book, but you do after a really good one. I have a couple lined up, but one I've never heard of before and another I read years and years ago. I need to get to the library and find something quick before those run out, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment