Thursday, June 7, 2012

Some thoughts lately

Just some things going on in my head recently:

1. In true stalkerish form, I found out that Jeremy Sumpter (the Hollywood love of my life)(is a person considered "Hollywood" if they aren't A-listers?) at least used to consider The Giver to be his favorite book. And that's when I knew that he and I are meant to be, because out of the millions hundred(ish) books I read for Children's Lit, that was my favorite. Seriously, I'm not just saying that to agree with him. Dr. Adams asked us all what we liked best, and that's what I said. So it's for sure true love. You are all invited to the wedding.

2. Is it acceptable to stalk people on Instagram? Not that I do that, I'm just wondering...

3. Story time. The day before I moved out of the Brooks' after school got out, I decided I needed more shorts. And why not use jeans that were already pretty trashed, and save a couple bucks? Well...I forgot that I had two veeery similar pairs of jeans, one in great condition and the other...not so great. Instead of taking a second glance, I literally grabbed the pair on top and cut them...and you can probably guess where this is going. I cut the good jeans. And at that point, I really only had two good pair that I wore. So I was down to one. Well the other day, I was dusting up in the living room because we were having a few ladies from church over for a game night. After I dusted I vacuumed, and then I was hungry so I went to the basement to grab something from the big freezer for lunch. While I was in the basement I realized that my backside felt a little too...chilly. I went upstairs, and sure enough, somehow I had ripped a 4-inch gash into my only pair of jeans I brought to Maine with me. (That night I wore my holey sweats for our company...let me tell you, that'll humble you!) But it gets better, because yesterday I went jeans shopping with my mom and now I have a couple pair to hold me over til I can do more shopping.

4. Last week I wrote this post on contentment because it was something I had been thinking about and fighting for recently. And I can't explain it, but since then, it's been pretty easy to be content. It's funny because it feels as if writing that out and admitting it in public would make it harder. But it has been easier lately. Confused, but happy about that.

5. If you haven't watched The Rocketeer you are missing out, my friend. Yes, it came out in 1991 (I was a little bitty baby) so the effects are...simpler. Haha. But it's so cute and good and I loved it.

6. Also, even though this truly deserves a post of it's own, I'll just put it here. I really should be broadcasting to the world at large, but I won't. Here goes: a few nights ago, I, Laurie Bannister, willingly watched an entire Star Wars (episode IV) movie and DIDN'T FALL ASLEEP. C.R.A.Z.Y. But it happened. And I may just have plans to watch the next one with my parents soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment