Monday, June 25, 2012

Card Making (woohoo!)

Making cards has become something of a tradition for my trips to Maine. My mom is really good with that stuff and always has great supplies to make it happen. Years ago, I started having afternoon where I'd make a few cards to use over the next few months. While I am not very artistic or crafty or creative (totally left-brained usually), making cards is something I really enjoy. Often they are simple, but this summer I have begun to branch out a little. It's probably a combination of crafting sessions with friends lately, Pinterest making everything easier and more accessible, and even learning some great techniques last spring in my Art for Elementary Teachers class (the only bearable 7hr Saturday class is a small art class...it was even fun!)

As I said, lately I have branched out a bit, and I've also made more. While some of them are extremely simple, some have become more than that. Yesterday my mom and I were running a few errands when we stopped in at A.C. Moore and picked up more supplies. She also said she would show me how to use more of what she already had at home. So I finally have the supplies and the know-how to step up my game. I'm excited. While to some people what I make may never look that advanced, I just really enjoy making them and hope that what I make might brighten someone's day. Giving cards and writing little notes is something I've loved for just about forever, so it's fun to be able to make my own cards. Today is going to be a good day. 

Have a great one! xoxo, Laurie

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love making cards too :) One of my favorite things to do. Hope you had fun doing it! Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete