Friday, May 25, 2012

High Five for Friday

Yay Friday! Here's my top 5 for this week:

1. I know I mentioned that I was coming last week, but now I'm here - I'm in Maine!! It's so good to be here in my "other home" with my mom, stepdad, sisters, and "Maine friends". Though I was sad to only spend 5 days in Sacramento with my dad, stepmom, brother, and sister (who was visiting too), it's great to be here so early in the summer!

2. Reading many good books right now! Started reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, but after reading so many children's books this past semester, I can't handle too much of it at a time. Then I started reading Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp. It's an incredible book but it's heavy reading so I can't just read it all the time. So because I can't always read heavy or children's books, I decided to read an adult book - a novel. So now I'm also reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett for a second time. Buuut since last week I read Catching Fire (Hunger Games book 2) and I had yet to read the third, my sister let me borrow her kindle to read it. Last night she gave it to me so I'm now reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I'm focusing on that one because it's borrowed so I should finish it first, right? I know, my life is a tangled web of too many books.

3. Get to see my puppies again!! They're the cutest little ladies you ever did see. Lindy (left) actually still is a puppy (a year and a half) - at least she acts like it. She's kind of clumsy and very playful. Also, she's huuuuge. You can't tell from the picture but she's a big girl. Heidi (right) is about seven or eight now and she's just the sweetest little thing. She had knee surgery about a month ago so she's still very restricted to what she can do (no going upstairs or jumping on and off beds, etc). She also has to be crated if no one is downstairs with her because otherwise she'll jump on and off my parents' beds. It's so sad to see her so limited, but it's for her own good!


4. Got to have a sister date with Sarah on Wednesday. We were going to have dinner and then see a movie, but the movie we decided to see limited our dinner options to picking it up on the way. Chynna came with us too, and we stopped at Food Stop (a small convenience store about a mile down from us and just across from the high school) on the way. Now if you live in Cumberland/North Yarmouth, you know that Food Stop is well-loved and never a let-down. Then we went and saw The Hunger Games, even though they'd both already seen it. We decided that it was one of those movies you just have to watch in theaters if you're going to watch it, so they took pity on me.

5. We've been playing a lot of games around here. My family has always loved games, and it's been quite common for us to play a few hands of cards or whatever in the late evenings of summer. Now we don't just play cards, but we've been playing lots of Farkle. Last night we also played Things and if you've ever played that you know how great that game is!

So that's been my week. Seems like such simple things but they've really been the best parts of my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment