Thursday, May 17, 2012

Photo Recap of SP12

Well, I've already done a bit of a recap of this past semester (see it here), but I thought that I'd show some pics too, in case you wonder if I had a social life at all. I did, but just barely! I decided that rather than focusing on the events, I'd focus on the friendships. You'll see what I mean.


**Warning: pics are not in any particular order. The order is just how I found them on my computer. Also, these are not all of my friends, it's just the ones I could find pics of (sad face)**

 Sarah, Laurel, and me on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.
Sarah and I got closer last semester because she didn't
have a roommate so I went to study in her room all the time.
Laurel and I became closer friends because last year her roommate
was one of my good friends. But Laurel was in Israel last semester
so it was good to have her back. So thankful for these girls who 
balance hilarious conversations with really deep ones.

 Lindsay and I at the beach last week. We have always 
loved our beach days, and this was the only one this semester.
Also, you have to notice the apple...it's purposely a part
of the picture because it's an old inside joke that 
really is jr. highish. Isn't that how the best inside jokes are?

This is at Spring Part at Loft7 in LA. It's me, Niki, Bree,
Brittany, and Ema. These girls made up about half
of our small group this past school year. They have been such an 
immense blessing and encouragement to me. We had so many of those
"better shut the windows so no one hears" moments, so 
there was definitely fun going on, too. 
This is Katie and I at the Foundation beach day in Oxnard 
(I think). Katie and I met last semester but really became
friends this semester. It seems like there was nothing we had 
in common - different dorms, different majors, different friends,
etc. But we got to know each other through our college group
at church and it was so fun to hang out with her and sing
crazy songs and bake cakes for Slight RA team time haha.

 Courtney and I in her front yard before Spring Party.
This dear friend also was my roommate this semester.
I can't begin to explain how much her friendship has meant to 
me these three years of college we shared. We met our first semester 
and our friendship has grown since then, and now she's a college
grad! Crazy, but I am so thankful for her and her heart for the Lord.

Can you really blame me for including this pic of Courtney and
her boyfriend Nick dressed up as senior citizens? They are too much.
I do want to say though that their relationship has really impacted 
me this semester. Their Christ-centeredness comes out in so many ways
and it's been a blessing to see! Also, I joked a lot this semester that
my only guy friends were Courtney's boyfriend and her brothers.
Because of my busyness and because I lived off campus,
friendships with guys were harder to develop. 
(Note: most of my classes are almost all girls, because
for some reason no guys stay in our department).

Words cannot describe how thankful I was to have Becca
in my life this semester. We had a couple weekends together,
and always had lunches together on Thursdays. I would walk into
her office in Student Life many times just to say hey. She can read me
like a book and always knows when something is wrong.
Oh, and this pic was taken at her cute little church the weekend I 
went to her house. 

Meredith and Karis on our Foundation beach trip.
I keep saying over and over again how thankful I am for all
of the friendships, but here's another one that has been great.
(Karis is Mer's 2-year-old daughter). Mer has been discipling
me for over a year now and she has literally changed
my life. She shows me so often how to think and act biblically
in any given situation. But it's not all deep, heavy stuff. We bake together 
with Katie (mentioned previously) and sing songs for Karis's entertainment.
We watched some of the Bourne movies together and just had a 
grand old time, all the time. I wish I could somehow repay her 
for all that she's done for me, but I know that is impossible.

Here's another pic from Spring Party. The top left
picture is Amanda, me, then Bronwyn. These two girls
are so much fun! We always laugh together but can 
also have really serious and good conversations, too. Amanda
and I did Awana together this year, and Bronwyn and I
had CA Past and Present (with Dr. Greer whom we LOVED) 
together this semester. As you can probably tell, we
have a lot of fun together.



No comments:

Post a Comment